Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Showcatcher website or mobile properties, including related applications (collectively, this "Website"). This Website is provided solely to assist customers in gathering show/theatrical information, posting opinions of shows, events, theatrical performances related issues, engaging in reviewing the shows available on Showcatcher and for no other purposes. The terms "we", "us", "our" and "Showcatcher" refer to Brighton Comedy Festival Limited, Company number 220783, and our corporate affiliates and websites (collectively, "Showcatcher”). The term "you" refers to the customer visiting the Website and/or contributing content on this Website.
This Website is offered to you conditioned upon your acceptance without modification of any/all the terms, conditions, and notices set forth below (collectively, the "Agreement"). By accessing or using this Website in any manner, you agree to be bound by the Agreement and represent that you have read and understood its terms. Please read the Agreement carefully, as it contains information concerning your legal rights and limitations on these rights, as well as a section regarding applicable law and jurisdiction of disputes. If you do not accept all of these terms and conditions you are not authorized to use this Website.
We may change or otherwise modify the Agreement in the future in accordance with the Terms and Conditions herein, and you understand and agree that your continued access or use of this Website after such change signifies your acceptance of the updated or modified Agreement. We will note the date that revisions were last made to the Agreement at the bottom of this page, and any revisions will take effect upon posting. We will notify our members of material changes to these terms and conditions by either sending a notice to the email address provided to us at registration or by placing a notice on our Website. Be sure to return to this page periodically to review the most current version of the Agreement.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
As a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant that (i) all information supplied by you on this Website is true, accurate, current and complete, (ii) if you have a Showcatcher account, you will safeguard your account information and will supervise and be completely responsible for any use of your account by anyone other than you, (iii) you are 13 years of age or older in order to register for an account and contribute to our Website and (iv) you possess the legal authority to enter into this Agreement and to use this Website in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
Showcatcher does not knowingly collect the information of anyone under the age of 13. We retain the right at our sole discretion to deny access to anyone to this Website and the services we offer, at any time and for any reason, including, but not limited to, for violation of this Agreement.
Copying, transmission, reproduction, replication, posting or redistribution of the Website Content or any portion thereof is strictly prohibited without the prior written permission of Showcatcher. To request permission, you may contact Showcatcher as follows:
c/o - Brighton Comedy Festival,
2 Roxburgh Place,
Edinburgh, EH8 9SU
Users of the Website will not incur any charges for using the Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. However, the Website contains links to third-party websites which are operated and owned by independent ticketing agents or other festival sites. Such third-parties may charge a fee for use of certain content or services provided on the website. Therefore, you should make whatever investigation you feel is necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party to determine whether a charge will be incurred. Where Showcatcher may provide details of ticket prices and other charges on the Website, such information is provided for convenience and information purposes only. Showcatcher in no way guarantees that this information is correct nor is it in anyway responsible for content or services provided on such third party websites
The content and information on this Website (including, but not limited to, messages, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, video, maps, icons, software, code or other material), as well as the infrastructure used to provide such content and information, is proprietary to us. You agree not to otherwise modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, sell or re-sell any information, software, products, or services obtained from or through this Website. Additionally, you agree not to:
- use this Website or its contents for any commercial purpose;
- access, monitor or copy any content or information of this Website using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on this Website or bypass or circumvent other measures employed to prevent or limit access to this Website;
- take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- deep-link to any portion of this Website for any purpose without our express written permission;
- "frame", "mirror" or otherwise incorporate any part of this Website into any other website without our prior written authorization; or
- attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by Showcatcher in connection with the Website or the services.
REVIEWS, COMMENTS AND USE OF OTHER INTERACTIVE AREAS
We appreciate hearing from you. Please be aware that by submitting content to this Website by email, postings on this Website or otherwise, including any Show reviews, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or the like contained in any submissions (collectively, "Submissions"), you grant Showcatcher and its affiliates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display and perform such Submissions throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised, for any purpose; and (b) use the name that you submit in connection with such Submission. You acknowledge that Showcatcher may choose to provide attribution of your comments or reviews at our discretion. You further grant Showcatcher the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or Showcatcher’s rights in the Submissions by a breach of this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that Submissions are non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Showcatcher does not edit or control the User Messages posted to or distributed on this Website and will not be in any way responsible or liable for such User Messages. Showcatcher nevertheless reserves the right for any reason in its sole discretion to remove without notice any User Messages and/or Site Content.
This Website may contain discussion forums, bulletin boards, review services or other forums in which you or third parties may post reviews of your experiences or other content, messages, materials or other items on this Website ("Interactive Areas"). If Showcatcher provides such Interactive Areas, you are solely responsible for your use of such Interactive Areas and use them at your own risk. By using any Interactive Areas, you expressly agree not to post, upload to, transmit, distribute, store, create or otherwise publish through this Website any of the following:
- Any message, data, information, text, music, sound, photos, graphics, code or any other material ("Content") that is false, unlawful, misleading, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, suggestive, harassing, or advocates harassment of another person, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, fraudulent or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that is patently offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Content that would constitute, encourage, promote or provide instructions for a conduct of an illegal activity, criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate the rights of any party in any country of the world, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law.
- Content that provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Content that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. In particular, content that promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Content that impersonates any person or entity or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity, including Showcatcher;
- Unsolicited promotions, mass mailings or "spamming", transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", political campaigning, advertising, contests, raffles, or solicitations;
- Content containing commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes;
- Private information of any third party, including, without limitation, surname (family name) addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and credit card numbers;
- Contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files;
- Content that is unrelated to the topic of the Interactive Area(s) in which such Content is posted; or
- Content or links to content that, in the sole judgment of Showcatcher,
- violates the previous subsections herein,
- is objectionable,
- which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Interactive Areas or this Website, or
- which may expose Showcatcher or its affiliates or its users to any harm or liability of any type.
Showcatcher takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Content posted, stored or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage thereto, nor is Showcatcher liable for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. As a provider of interactive services, Showcatcher is not liable for any statements, representations or Content provided by its users in any public forum, personal home page or other Interactive Area. Although Showcatcher has no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any of the Content posted to or distributed through any Interactive Area, Showcatcher reserves the right, and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen, translate or edit without notice any Content posted or stored on this Website at any time and for any reason, or to have such actions performed by third parties on its behalf, and you are solely responsible for creating backup copies of and replacing any Content you post or store on this Website at your sole cost and expense.
If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the Content by Showcatcher or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the Content; and (d) you forever release Showcatcher, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against Showcatcher by virtue of any such moral rights.
Any use of the Interactive Areas or other portions of this Website in violation of the foregoing violates the terms of this Agreement and may result in, among other things, termination or suspension of your rights to use the Interactive Areas and/or this Website.
BOOKING WITH THIRD-PARTY SUPPLIERS THROUGH SHOWCATCHER
Showcatcher offers you the ability to search for, select, and book for all the events listed on our website (Subject to availability) with third-party suppliers. Before booking a ticket/s facilitated by Booking button, you will need to become a member of Showcatcher if you are not one already. As a Showcatcher member, you will be able to post reviews, participate in discussion forums, email Showcatcher content to yourself and to others, access and receive members-only newsletters and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes.
AS A USER OF THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING BOOKING TICKETS VIA 3RD PARTY SUPPLIERS, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
(1) NEITHER SHOWCATCHER NOR ITS AFFILIATES WILL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED TRANSACTIONS MADE USING YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT; AND
(2) THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT COULD CAUSE YOU TO INCUR LIABILITY TO BOTH SHOWCATCHER AND OTHER USERS.
Showcatcher is not a ticketing agency and does not provide or own any event listed on this website nor provide ticketing services. Although Showcatcher displays information about events owned by third-party suppliers and facilitates bookings with certain suppliers via book now button and affiliate sites, such actions do not in any way imply, suggest, or constitute Showcatcher’s sponsorship or approval of third-party suppliers, or any affiliation between Showcatcher and third-party suppliers. Although Showcatcher members may rate and review particular properties based on their own experiences, Showcatcher does not endorse or recommend the products or services of any third-party suppliers. You agree that Showcatcher is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of information it obtains from third-party suppliers and displays on its sites or apps.
This Website may link you to supplier sites or other websites that Showcatcher does not operate or control. For further information, please refer to the "Links to Third-Party Sites" section below.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
This Website may contain hyperlinks (Book Now) to websites operated by parties other than Showcatcher. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy or other practices of such websites. Further, it is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever links you select or software you download (whether from this Website or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators.